New speaker announced for Construction Tech Summit
By Mike Hayes10 March 2021
Robotics expert Travis Schneider latest to join panel for autonomy in construction conference
Travis Schneider, business development manager with US-based RE2 Robotics has joined the line-up for the first Construction Technology Summit, to be held on Tuesday, 11 May, 2021 at 3.00pm (UK: BST).
RE2 Robotics was recently in the news, having been selected by the US Department of Energy to develop a robotic manipulation solution for solar field construction.
Schneider will present on the latest strategies for introducing robots and robotic systems to the construction arena.
The summit - organised by Construction Europe and International Construction magazines - has the theme ‘From machine control to robotics’ and will address how construction equipment productivity can be improved using innovative technology.
Speakers confirmed to date are:
- Peter Lavery, Head of Digital Transformation for Highways, Balfour Beatty
- Fred Rio, Product Manager, Construction Industries Digital & Technology, Caterpillar
- Johan Holmén, Deputy Chief Technology Officer and Manager, Vehicle Development, Volvo Autonomous Solutions
- Travis Schneider, Business Development manager, RE2 Robotics
Topics to be covered will include:
- 2D and 3D machine control used on construction equipment
- Real-world examples of machine control in action from contractors
- Remote control of construction equipment
- Fully automated and robotic construction equipment
Registration is free at www.ct-summit.com.